PhD : Admission, Courses, Syllabus, Eligibility, Exam & Career
A Ph.D. degree often entails students completing original and significant study in a certain topic or subject. The degree usually takes four years to complete, and there are numerous programs available in India and abroad.
A Ph.D. degree often entails students completing original and significant study in a certain topic or subject on their own before writing a publishable thesis. While some Doctorates contain coursework, Ph.D. candidates are virtually always evaluated on the quality and originality of the argument given in their independent research project. The degree usually takes four years to complete, and there are numerous programs available in India and abroad.
This program is mostly for prospective medical practitioners who desire to work in academia or research. Immunology, microbiology, reproductive difficulties, genetics, pharmacology, developmental diseases, neurological disorders, and orthopedics are some of the commonly opted for Ph.D. specializations. Group work, independent study, laboratory work, and clinical research may all be part of the curriculum.
Advantages of Ph.D.
Ph.D. may seem like a longer course to pursue especially since the candidates have already been studying for years but it awaits bigger rewards as it is a long-term investment. Ph.D. graduates can easily become the next people to sit in top industrial positions due to the constantly growing demand for competent professionals. Analysis, attention to detail, technological talents, and communication are examples of skills people may develop during their education, all of which may qualify them for higher-level jobs.
Eligibility Criteria For Ph.D. Degree
- Some of the common eligibility criteria to get enrolled in Ph.D. courses are listed below:
- Aspirants should have completed a Master's degree in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in a similar course/ field/ stream in whichever stream they want to complete their Ph.D. degree.
- A candidate must pass an all-India examination, such as the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), to be admitted to some prestigious colleges. However, there are different types of entrance exams too which are conducted by different authorities and institutions to give admission in a Ph.D. course.
- Students in their final year of study who are taking their qualifying degree examination can also apply, however, they must present attested copies of their qualifying degree certificates.
Entrance Exams for admission in Ph.D.:
UGC NET Exam
AIMA Ph.D. Entrance Exam
AIIMS Ph.D. Entrance Exam
IISC Ph.D. Entrance Exam
JNU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
CSIR- UGC NET Exam
BITS Pilani Ph.D. Entrance Exam
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow- Ph.D. Entrance Exam
GTU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
NDRI Ph.D. Entrance Exam
Candidates of Ph.D. Candidates:
Such candidates do not take any assistance from the government or from institutes. As they can sufficient enough to self-finance themselves.
This type of Ph.D. course is given in recognized institutes by Research & Development organizations. They provide a full-time Ph.D. course to the sponsored candidate.
Govt./ Semi Govt. Fellowship Recipients:
Candidates from this category are provided with financial help by the government through various government or semi-government fellowship schemes.
Study Leave Candidates:
Candidates from this category are granted leaves of less than three years by Govt/ educational institutes or companies. As during this leave, candidates perform research work at specified institutes.
It is a kind of scholarship that is given for foreign candidates by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations.
Subject Specialization of Ph.D. Course Through Science:
Some of the common specializations in Ph.D. courses related to medical, paramedical, and other healthcare fields are mentioned below:
Ph.D. in Biostatics
Ph.D. in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Ph.D. in Clinical Neuroscience
Ph.D. in Clinical Research
Ph.D. in Dermatoglyphics Autism
Ph.D. in Medical Health Rehabilitation
Ph.D. in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology
Ph.D. in Obstetrics & Gynecological Nursing
Job Scope After Ph.D.:
Some of the most opted for occupations after pursuing a Ph.D. are:
Human Services Worker
Editor and Critic
Senior Research Scientist
R&D Lab Professionals
Medical Research Centers
Analyst in Chemical research centers and laboratories
Advisory Positions in Government sectors
Medical research and development center
Key Highlights of Ph. D :
|Full-Form||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Course Duration||3 to 6 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Should have master’s degree of 50% plus qualified any entrance exam|
CSIR UGC NET, UGC-NET, JNUEE etc.
|Ph.D. Fee Range|
INR 50,000 - 5 LPA
|Job Scope||Research and development, Professor, Scientist, Consultant, Editor, Writer, etc.|
INR 10-20 LPA
Top Colleges for Ph.D. in India:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- KG College of Health Sciences, Coimbatore
- DA Pandu Memorial RV Dental College, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bengaluru
- Indian Holistic Medical Academy, Thanjavur
- Geetanjali Institute of Pharmacy, Udaipur
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- NET Pharmacy College, Raichur
- Apollo College of Nursing, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Indore
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Pacific Medical University, Udaipur
- Foster Development Homeopathic Medical College, Aurangabad
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Hamdard Institute of Medicine Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune
- SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Gurgaon
You can learn more about Healthcare courses and find the college/institute that suits you the best by visiting courses.docthub.com