How to Get Admission in BSc Nursing 2024
Getting admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing/ BSc Nursing course is the first step toward a rewarding healthcare career.
BSc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate program that trains students to provide critical medical care.
If you're aspiring to become a nurse in India, it's essential to understand the admission process. Typically, top nursing colleges conduct entrance exams for BSc Nursing admissions. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a widely recognized entrance exam for aspiring nurses.
To be eligible, students need a minimum of 50% in their Class 12 exams with Biology as a mandatory subject.
This blog provides a comprehensive guide to the B.Sc. Nursing admission process, including essential details about entrance exams, eligibility criteria, b.sc nursing fees, and top b.sc nursing colleges in India.
B.Sc Nursing Course Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Course Type||Undergraduate Degree program|
|Course Fees||₹2,000 - ₹2,00,000|
|Eligibility Criteria||10 + 2 in Science stream & PCB as major subjects, with a minimum of 50% of marks|
|Admission Process||Both Merit-based and Entrance exam based|
|Entrance Exams||NEET, AIIMS nursing exam, PGIMER nursing exam, IPU CET, CUET|
B.Sc Nursing: Eligibility Criteria
For B.Sc Nursing admission in 2023, certain eligibility criteria must be met.
- Students should be at least 17 years old. However, the maximum age limit might vary, but often it's set at 35 years.
- To apply for BSc Nursing, students need to pass their 10+2 exams with Physics, Biology, English, and Chemistry as core subjects.
- It's essential to note that the specific eligibility criteria may vary among universities and colleges.
These criteria are important to consider when seeking admission to a BSc Nursing program.
B.Sc Nursing: Admission Process
Here is how you can get a B.Sc Nursing admission in 2023:
1. Begin the Application: Start by filling out the online or offline application for BSc Nursing admission in your chosen colleges or universities.
2. Receive Admit Cards: After submitting your application successfully, you'll receive admit cards for the entrance exam.
3. Take the Entrance Exam: It's essential to appear for the entrance exam as part of the admission process.
4. Check the Results: Following the entrance exam, the competent authority will announce the results based on your performance.
5. Understand the Cut-off: The conducting body will release a cut-off list, specifying the minimum qualifying marks you need to meet.
6. Attend Counseling: Based on the merit list, the counseling process for BSc Nursing will be conducted.
7. Seat Allotment: Your seats in your chosen colleges will be allocated based on your performance and the counseling process.
8. Report to the College: Once seats are allotted, you must report to the institutes to complete the admission process.
B.Sc. Nursing: Entrance Exams
To secure B.Sc Nursing admission, students must ensure they participate in entrance exams. Here is the list of some top national-level b.sc nursing entrance exams:
|Exam Name||Conducted By|
|National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nursing Exam||All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Nursing Exam||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER)|
|Indian Army B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam||Directorate General of Medical Services (DGMS)|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Nursing Exam||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)|
|Common University Entrance Test (CUET)||National Testing Agency|
|Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIU)|
Here is a list of some of the top colleges with their B.Sc Nursing fees:
|College Name||Approx. Average Fees|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi||₹9,500 - ₹15,000|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||₹19,500 - ₹20,000|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry||₹28,000 - ₹30,000|
|NIMS National College||₹32,000 - ₹35,000|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||₹48,000 - ₹50,000|
|Armed Forces Medical College, Pune||₹80,000 - ₹85,000|
|Chandigarh University||₹70,000 - ₹75,000|
|Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore||₹55,000 - ₹60,000|
|Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal||₹5,00,000 - ₹6,50,000|
|Acharya Institute of Health Sciences, Bangalore||₹2,00,000 - ₹2,50,000|
Pursuing nursing can be a rewarding choice, and these steps and insights can guide your admission in 2023.
1. Does BSc Nursing required NEET?
It depends on the university as some university accepts NEET scores while some universities have their own entrance exam for admission to the course.
2. Which entrance exam is best for BSc nursing?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is one of the most widely recognized and accepted entrance exams for BSc Nursing in India.
3. How many NEET marks are required for B.Sc Nursing?
The required NEET marks for B.Sc Nursing can vary from year to year and among different colleges, but generally, a minimum score of around the 50th percentile or higher is a good target to aim for.
4. Is the 12th mark important for BSc Nursing?
Yes, a minimum of 50% of 12th marks is typically important for BSc nursing.
5. Which B.Sc nurse has the highest salary?
The B.Sc nurses' salary can vary depending on factors like location and experience, but nurse anesthetists, registered nurses, and pediatric nurses often have one of the highest salaries among B.Sc nurses.