Fellowship Programs in Pediatrics
The Pediatric branch has been established successfully among tier-1 and tier-2 cities. By completing a fellowship in Pediatric, the practitioners and the students can get deeper knowledge and gain expert status.
The fellowship in Pediatrics enables the students to choose pediatrics as their specialty. Currently, there are many post-graduation courses such as MD/DNB/DCH/PDCET that are available which help students to make a career in pediatrics.
In recent times the career opportunities for pediatrics postgraduates include NICU, PICU, and Assistant to General Pediatrician. The increasing awareness among the patients has helped the pediatric branch and subspeciality to establish itself successfully among the tier-1 and tier -2 cities. You can also find dedicated centers/hospitals/institutes of different subspecialties in tier-1 and tier -2 cities.
Need for Pediatric Subspecialty
There are multiple factors that play a key role when you choose to do a subspecialty in pediatrics, below are some of the reasons why you should opt for a subspecialty in pediatrics.
- The increasing trend of practice subspecialty in pediatrics in Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities.
- Focus on one subspecialty to gain proficiency.
- Increasing fraternity recognition.
- To get the expert status.
All these factors have created a need for subspecialties in Pediatrics for upcoming pediatrics graduates.
Types of Subspecialties in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Emergency
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
If you are planning to pursue a subspeciality in pediatrics you should keep the below things in mind first.
- Get enough exposure in General Pediatrics first during your residency program.
- Do not get attracted to the available opportunity, focus on your own knowledge and skill and choose specialty accordingly.
- Identify the opportunity first and then go for fellowship.
- Join an institute /team of group practice to gain better knowledge.
Below are some of the national and international associations and societies that provide the required guidance and help to the students who want to pursue a subspeciality in pediatrics.
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IFP)
- National Neonatology Forum
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)- Pediatric Section
- Association Of Child Neurology (AOCN)
- Indian Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology (ISPAE)
- Indian Society of Pediatric Gastro Hepatology and Nutrition (ISPGHAN)
- Society of Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics (STEP)
- Pediatric Rheumatology Society of India
- College of Pediatric Critical care (CPCC)
- Academy of Pediatric Neurology
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
You can learn more about Healthcare courses and find the college/institute that suits you the best by visiting courses.docthub.com