BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) : Admission, Courses, Syllabus, Eligibility, Exam & Career
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is an undergraduate-level medical course of four years. The course helps the students to learn about physical moments and aims to prevent physical disability.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a medical course at an undergraduate level of four years. In this course, one studies the science of physical movement and implements it to prevent disability and diseases of movement. Because of this reason, it is also called physical therapy as this health profession helps people increase, maintain or restore their physical mobility, function, and strength.
Under this course, students also learn to operate various medicines like electrotherapy, evidence-based kinesiology, exercise prescription, and shockwave mobility to treat chronic conditions of the bones and soft tissues. To get enrolled in this course there is no compulsory entrance exam required.
Advantages of Bachelor in Physiotherapy:
This course can be done after completing class 12 in Science Stream. It is a mandate because in this course students are taught about different aspects of human anatomy due to dealing with various health-related problems like injuries, muscle spasms, etc. The responsibility is to help restore the patient’s body to its optimal functioning level. They are also key health professionals in the prevention of injuries including on-field sports injuries and treat the reactions and responses of the body to injury, disease, or abnormalities in development.
Eligibility Criteria To Get Enrolled In BPT Degree:
- To get enrolled in this degree one should have completed 10+2 in the science stream.
- The minimum percentage should be 50% for the general category and for the reserved category it should be 45%.
- The minimum age limit for this entrance exam is 17 years and the maximum should be 24 years.
- One should have appeared in any entrance exam which is conducted by different authorities or state universities.
Career Navigator to become Physiotherapist
Course Duration of BPT: 4.5 Years + 6 Months Internship
Courses Which Can Be Done After BPT
Several master-level courses can be pursued after a BPT course if you are not looking for a job. Some of the common specializations are listed below
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) Physiotherapy
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Occupational Therapy (Physiotherapy)
- Master in Rehabilitation Sciences (Physiotherapy)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physiotherapy
Key Highlights of BPT:
|Full Form||Bachelor of Physiotherapy|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|10+2 in Science|
|Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 to 5,00,000|
|Job Scope||Educational Institution, Hospitals, Health Institutions, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2 - 8 LPA|
Top BPT Colleges Across India:
Some of the top BPT colleges across India are listed below:
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- IMS BHU - Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon
You can learn more about Healthcare courses and find the college/institute that suits you the best by visiting courses.docthub.com