BHA (Bachelor in Hospital Administration) : Admission, Courses, Syllabus, Eligibility, Exam & Career
BHA stands for Bachelor in Hospital Administration, it is a three-year undergraduate degree. The candidate who is looking for a career in management, administration, and leadership of hospitals or healthcare systems should pursue this degree.
BHA stands for Bachelor in Hospital Administration, it is three years undergraduate degree
candidates who are looking for a career in management, administration, and leadership of hospitals, healthcare systems. This program helps to prepare healthcare professionals who can effectively respond to the diverse and ever-changing healthcare sector. This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to carry out clinical administrative tasks. This course is available for the candidates who have completed their 12th from any of the relevant streams.
Advantages of Bachelors in Hospital Administration:
Clinic Administrators can easily be called the nervous system of any hospital or clinic. They make sure that the health systems are working smoothly; this also helps in improving patient care. They are also the ones who tend to advocate health care policy changes that benefit every stratum of the population.
Eligibility Criteria For BHA Course:
The common eligibility criteria which are required to get admission to BHA course are listed below:
- Candidates must have passed from a recognized board (ICSE/CBSE/State Boards).
- Minimum 50%* (may vary from college to college) is required in the boards (10+2), Biology as the main subject.
Entrance Exam To Get Enrolled In BHA Course:
There is no such specific entrance exam; each university conducts its own exam. But two most common entrance exams are listed below:
CET: It is conducted once a year. All India-level CET is conducted by 10 national universities. This exam is also common for B.Sc., MA, M.Sc., and a lot of other undergraduate courses.
UGAT: It is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). These tests are held in both Pen and Paper Mode and Computer-Based Tests.
Admission Process To Get Enrolled In BHA Course:
In India, BHA Admission can vary little according to rules and guidelines set by the institutes. The candidates who are interested in this course can apply to the respective colleges or Universities through online or offline mode.
MHA Entrance based admission is done through the following steps :
- First candidates have to register and then wait for the notification of the availability
- After filling up the application with the correct details candidates have to wait one month for completing and finally submitting the application.
- Candidates have to upload the required documents and pay the application fee is an important step otherwise the application will not be accepted.
- A correspondence address and details of the last qualifying exam has to be given after getting the application ID.
- Candidates need to sit for the exam on the given date as mentioned on the website and admit card.
- After the declaration of results from the universities with their cut-off, only those candidates who have managed to clear the cut-off will be called for admission in the given course.
Average College Fee of BHA Course:
The tuition fee for the Bachelor in Hospital Administration ranges from INR 1 to 3.5 lakh per annum. The tuition fees depend on the college, students are going for admission. To enroll in the program students will have to submit the course fee. Course fees for the BHA program can be checked from the prospectus of the college. Students may also check for any scholarships or loan facilities offered by the college to know the concession in the total fee.
Future Scope After BHA:
This course helps in working in a variety of fields which are Hospital Consulting Firms, Medical Software Companies, Nursing Homes, Healthcare portals, Government sectors, etc.
- In India, the Healthcare Sector is growing gradually and it has a huge potential in the future. Anyone can be a specialist in any particular department of administration, in fact, they can even work for Medical Software, Healthcare Portals, or Health Insurance Companies.
- BHA graduates can work with hospitals like Medanta, Apollo, SGPGI, etc., and earn an attractive salary.
- Candidates who are excellent in communication and networking skills can be promoted easily in their job.
- The starting salary ranges from INR 3,50,000 to 15,00,000 as a Senior Level Administrator after gaining experience of more than five years.
- After completing a BHA degree there are so many further higher studies options that are chosen by a lot of students.
Key Highlights of the Course:
|Bachelor in Hospital Administration
|10+2 / Diploma with minimum 50% marks
Top BHA Colleges Across India:
The list of top BHA colleges across India are:
- Delhi University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Allahabad University
- Symbiosis University
- Lovely Professional University
- Arihant Institute of Management and Technology
- Geetanjali University
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center
You can learn more about Healthcare courses and find the college/institute that suits you the best by visiting courses.docthub.com